21/03/2016

Sana Dati

"The movie that paved it's way straight through my heart."

                A woman marrying a man who doesn’t her past - Expect the unexpected, you meet the most significant person in your life in the oddest places, and some things aren’t meant to last forever; these are the quotes that lingers through my mind all throughout the screening of the movie titled “Sana Dati” by Jerold Tarog.



                Right from the moment the film started, my curiosity hit me, and I was already intrigued. I'm not usually “IN” to oh-so-romantic films, but this film, it was an exception. At first it was really obscure, I wasn’t able to clearly visualize what the film was about. Moreover, I was able to see the whole picture when the film gradually showed Andrea’s flashbacks. By the way, the characters were:  Lovi Poe as Andrea, Benjamin Alves as Andrew, TJ Trinidad as Robert, and Paulo Avelino as Dennis – Andrew’s brother.

                Moving on to my insights and reactions, I was really emotional. Like what I’ve said earlier in the second paragraph, I'm not usually “In” to some oh-so-romantic films. I don’t get too emotional often; I mean come on, I’m a man; don’t expect me to be as cheesy as girls do.  But hey! Everyone needs drama in their lives once in a while. This movie is a romantic-drama film, given that this movie is certainly about break-ups and stuffs; this movie replicates a rare to be seen scenario in real life. When everything falls in to the right place then suddenly, BOOM!!! Everything goes black. Everything goes to oblivion; like the world fell down and burst into pieces.

                There’s no denying, every movie we watch, there’s a specific character we are rooting for and the character I am rooting for is in this movie is, Andrew. He’s the root and cause, the top most reason why this movie is so vital. He was the reason behind all these hazy and unclear scenes I’ve had trouble puzzling out.



                This movie is magnificent. If I were to compare this movie to an object, I would say this movie is an arrow, shot right through my heart. It pierced right through my feelings, and that is enough; enough to say that this movie is really magnificent. Not just magnificent; honestly, this movie is the most interesting Filipino movie I’ve watched so far. It’s out of the blue because modern Filipino movies are cliché, too mainstream, always sticking to what’s “Uso” and this film, this is a stunner. Well that’s all I got to say, this film is the only film that made me feel like crying, and the only film that made me question myself, how does it feel like to have someone who’s really meant for you but you lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment