As
I start to consume every pint of my cigarette, my body starts to loosen up;
pleasure sinks in, my mind goes neutral, unscrewing every tight bolts and
screws in my body. The coldness, the chill, the icy blast that runs through my
respiratory system whenever I smoke, it’s fascinating. Every inhale, and
exhale, oh man, it kills me. But what kills me more, is the fact that this
stick, this cigarette I’m smoking might be the cause of my death in the near future.
*whispers* (hopefully not)
I
refrain myself from smoking every now and then. Although I still smoke, but not
that much unlike my other friends who smoke regularly. Our community is built
up with different types of people, different culture and whatsoever, some smoke
and some don’t. My goal here is not to influence my friends, my classmates, or
the people around me. I don’t want to see them smoking. I already know that
smoking can cause a person to have cancer, plus, every cigarette a person smoke
reduces the expected lifespan by eleven minutes; isn’t that enough to scare a
person to stop or don’t try to smoke?
A single cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to
cause cancer. Every day, nearly four thousand teens in the U.S. smoke their first cigarette while one thousand start smoking on a daily basis; these are the facts everyone should know. Every day, the population grows; along with it is the growth of percentage of people smoking. I mean what benefits will they get in smoking, the tendency of having cancer, destruction of digestive and oral systems, or failure of respiratory system? We have to save our fellows lives.
cause cancer. Every day, nearly four thousand teens in the U.S. smoke their first cigarette while one thousand start smoking on a daily basis; these are the facts everyone should know. Every day, the population grows; along with it is the growth of percentage of people smoking. I mean what benefits will they get in smoking, the tendency of having cancer, destruction of digestive and oral systems, or failure of respiratory system? We have to save our fellows lives.
If we can’t stop it, why don’t we
find another way? I'm pretty sure that to change something big, we can’t do it
in just one glance, we can’t do it with just one poof, and we don’t have magic.
Bit by bit we can do this.
This is me saying
If you want to
make a change, start with yourself.
reference: http://www.factslides.com/s-Smoking#
http://www.healthline.com/health/smoking/effects-on-body


No comments:
Post a Comment