2 – 11 – 2016. I don’t have a
planner, I don’t mark my calendar, I don’t
even put reminders in my cell phone. But this one is one of those days that I’ve
waited for; the day that our very own Filipino legendary impersonator pays our
school a visit
I’ve watched several movies about real
passion, like Fast and Furious star Paul Walker a.k.a. Brian O’Connor, leaving
his job as a cop for racing; the rat from the ratatouille, leaving his life
from the sewers for being a chef; farhan of the three idiots, pursued
engineering but never gave up his dream in wildlife photography. All those
movies inspired me, gave a spark on pursuing my dreams but this time it’s
different. Let’s put it this way, the day Jon Santos gave the APC community his
words, my determination ignited. “Follow Your Passion… I did.”
As we grow older year by year, our
necessities also increase, our needs become more complicated. To supply those
things, we need a living to be able to obtain those things. That’s when
profession comes in. We all know that without a professional career, the
possibility of getting poor is high. Basically, profession is something
essential to us.
What if…. What if you are not
enjoying what you are doing? What if your profession doesn’t make you feel who
you are? What if your profession doesn’t make you happy? The point is you can’t
just work, work, and work. You have to be passionate on what you are doing. In that
way, you’d be able to achieve your dreams. To sum it up, the things you do is
worthless if you are not passionate on doing it.
![]() |
| The RamPage staff with Jon Santos |
I was lucky enough to get all his
tips and life lessons and experiences he had as a
performer in the Philippine show business:
1. You Listen.
2. All Learning Will Enrich You.
3. Learning What You Love Will Make you
The Richest Person in the
World.
4. Knowledge is everything.
5. Win the War Before You Fight It.
6. Adjust, Adapt, Evolve
7. Always leave room for the divine.
8. Always be Grateful.
9. You are never alone in your journey.
10. Love yourself, and then Let Go of Yourself.
Santos’ journey has been nothing but
inspiration to us Filipinos. He finished AB Economics at the University of the Philippines
but ended up as a very talented comedian. You see, it’s not about what you had
or what you finished; the important thing is what you will do next. Let your
passion be your profession. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul
on fire.


No comments:
Post a Comment