From
United Kingdom and made its way here at APC, the ERC(English Resource Center)
were proud to present the Who Wants To be a Millionaire: College Week Edition.
From the title itself, a lot of viewers might expect a million cash price. Well
let me tell you this, the school won’t give that, even the wealthiest man here
in our country. But hey! At least the winners gets to win a cash worth three
thousand pesos (I’m not really sure with the price because I forgot it.)
To pump
the fired up folks, the first round started. The round was totally easy, just
like warm up jumper, but sad to say, my block-mates wasn’t able to get the
first two questions but that didn’t pull my brethrens down, they were able to
push themselves and earn a spot in the next round, which is the average round.
The
average round was a little bit rugged up, the organizers had a little
misconception which regards to the flow of the contest. It didn’t took long
enough to continuo on with the program. Every team did their best, but as the
saying goes, there will always be victorious side; and unfortunately, my
block-mates weren’t able to qualify for the next round, which is the Final
round.
Finally, the final round, only
two teams remained, ABMA 152 and ABMA 136.
Both teams are really good, they were so competent that they had tying
score. And it was time for the clincher round, as for me, I call it “Sudden
Death Round.” Hard questions were thrown to them; I assume that it’s hard
because I can’t answer some of the question. But as usual, there should be a
winner, and the victorious team was ABMA 136, earning a cash price of 3,500
(still not sure of the price) and for the 1st runner up ABMA 152
earned 1,500. It was a win-win situation for both of the team because both of
them received a cash price.
It was
really fun watching that competition, not to mention that I learned some facts
I didn’t knew before about literary. Despite the loss of my block-mates, they
showed fighting spirit, giving all their best. At the end of the day, the
question is “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”


No comments:
Post a Comment