Competition
nullified: Voices Become One
“Tonight we are victorious! Champagne pouring over us! All my
friends were glorious!
Tonight we are VICTORIOUS!”
![]() |
| Me and my warrior face, |
Those were the words that kept my
mind bugged; it was playing in my mind for like 24 hours after we won. For those
of you who aren’t familiar with those lines, that’s the chorus part of the song,
titled “Victorious” by Panic! At The Disco. Going back to what I was saying, yes!
Yes, we won. After all the struggles we’ve been to, finally, our hard works
paid off.
It was a very bright day, hoping
that something bright will also happen. And guess what, something bright really
happened. It was February 5, 2016 when the SoE and SoMA Chants and Cheers
Contest happened.
It was
7:30 when I left my house and I was so scared, my heart kept on pounding. I’m
late! I’m late! The assembly time is 8:00 am and I was very lucky because the completion
started at 9:00 am. Besides, I live nearby. No problem at all. Moving on, as soon
as I entered our room, room 617, my friend tossed me my own block shirt, a
plain pink shirt with a printed logo of our block, ABMA 151. And that’s the
moment I realized, THIS IS THE TIME, THIS IS OUR MOMENT.
We were
the first section to be there at the auditorium; we were seating at the very front
row, tensed, nervous, excited, and determined as we waited for our block to be
called to take the stage. Thank god, there was an intervention, Sir Nomer Yuzon
sang a very nice song of his, and that is something very helpful for us, I mean
that particular moment relieved us, forgetting about the competition for a
moment.
Back to
reality, the judges were there, our fellow competitors are also complete;
everything was falling into place. As the host called our block, we quickly
evacuated our seats and walk towards the backstage. So this is it, the moment
we’ve all been waiting for.
![]() |
| ABMA 151 |
The beat started to boom.
We were marching to aisle of the stage.
We sat and stood.
We sang and cheered at the top of our lungs.
We did our best.
We had fun.
Game over.
With just a quick glance, everything was over.
Finally, all the blocks are
finished with their wonderful and unique performance. The judges have decided. It
was time to announce the winners. Only three blocks shall be hailed as winners.
Next thing we knew, we were jumping and screaming (except for me, I was just
smiling and whispering to myself, we won). The oddest thing is, out of all the
ABMA sections, we are the only one who won.
ECE 151 won as Champion, CPE won 1st runner up,
and my block, ABMA 151 as 2nd runner up.
Another story to remember; can’t wait for more memories to
come.


No comments:
Post a Comment